- The World Health Organisation portal for Covid-19 – the global centre of factual and trustworthy information on the pandemic. https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Prevention advice in plain and simple language from the NHS in the UK. Note that the ‘lockdown’ advice here does not apply to SA, but the prevention advice is universal. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- The South African Covid-19 portal for the public – unfortunately not being updated every day.
- The South African government updates page which IS being updated frequently. Contains useful pages on fake news, infographics in various languages, regulations etc.
- If you really want to get news from “the horse’s mouth”, this is the SA government newsroom that contains the latest official statements, most recent first. Valuable for getting clarity on lock-down. https://www.gov.za/newsroom
- Covid Visualizer: current statistics by country and globally. https://www.covidvisualizer.com/
- Johns Hopkins COVID-19 Dashboard: for the statistics geeks. https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
Anyone that creates or spreads fake news about the Coronavirus COVID-19 is liable for prosecution. Verify the information before you share information.
- https://www.snopes.com/?s=covid-19 (or you can just copy what you want to post into Google or snopes)