Our October #HogsbackStay competition will take you to Windrush, one of our TOP self catering establishments on the mountain. Windrush is one of the highest (top) properties in upper Hogsback with an awesome view over the Hogsback mountains and the forests. It also sports a vineyard, rose garden and lovely walks.
In order to stand a chance to win a two night stay at Windrush, all you have to do is to make a donation of R100 or more to our Hobbiton Bridging Fund. All money raised (donated) will go towards helping Hobbiton to stay open and to be able to keep going through these trying times when schools are reluctant to send their learners on adventure and leadership camps.
The Bridging Fund is one of the main sources of income for Hobbiton right now and we are therefore grateful for the support of our community here in Hogsback and especially the Tourism Establishments who have donated Hogsback Stays for Hobbiton’s fundraising efforts. We still have some way to go to reach their goal of R350 000 in order to make sure that they can keep their world class facilities in tip-top shape and cover their costs while schools are slowly returning to normal.
Help them do that and win a 2 night stay at Windrush.
How do you enter for a Hogsback stay?
Make a donation of R100 or more (please more!). The next draw will take place on the 31st of October. You can either do a credit card donation or make and EFT. Make sure that you add your name and phone number when you do a EFT
Please consider making a monthly donation as this is an ongoing struggle that we do not intend on losing!! You can set up a monthly contribution via EFT to or bank account:
Account name – Hobbiton
Bank – FNB
Branch code – 210 221
Account number: 52 12 12 62 879
Reference – (Your name- Cell number)
or just hit the donate button below and do a credit card payment:
Who was the previous Winners of Win a Hogsback Stay
In July André van Tonder won our monthly draw for a stay at The Edge Mountain Retreat and in August it was Cayla Fourie’s turn to bag a stay at Nibelheim. We will be running monthly Hogsback Stay competitions for everybody who donates R100 or more to our Hobbiton Bridging fund. We have some stunning stays coming up, so do not stop donating!
- July: The Edge Mountain Retreat. Winner: André van Tonder
- August: Nibelheim Cottage Winner: Cayla Fourie
- September: Maple Grove Self Catering Cottages
- October: Windrush (Donate and enter now!)
- November: Laragh-on-Hogsback
- December: Monsgarden Cottage
Terms and conditions:
- Competition voucher only valid for a 2 night midweek stay and must be redeemed before the 31 of December 2021.
- Stays are subject to availability for your preferred time and winners must therefore make a reservation well in advance.
- Please mention the voucher number when making your reservation.
- The winning voucher is not redeemable for cash.
- Follow our social media spaces here: